THE BALTICS: Yes, it's Tuesday

Apparently it is Tuesday night here, but I'm so confused I'm still on Sunday afternoon....   But anyhow the flight was excellent, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they give you free booze.   (I took them up on the wine a couple of times - just because I didn't want to be rude haha.)

Didn't get to see much of the Amsterdam airport upon landing because its soooo huge - I don't know where I was or what exactly happened.  I don't even know if I left the basement.  Its like a zombie apocalypse in that building.   It took about 2hrs to get out of there.  I swear it could take the Toronto airport and chew it up and spit it out easy. 

Found a giant wooden shoe, but that's all I managed to scout out in that maze.  Guess you had to be there - its crazy.  


Anyhow... got to Central Station and once we left the building in one piece - WHAT a beautiful day!  Absolutely perfect weather. 


We moseyed on to the hotel and its a beautiful place, however....

these are the stairs into the main floor check in..(lower staircase not shown)

these are the stairs you lug your carcass and your suitcases up ....


to find the floor where you find another set of stairs.....

where you find the actual steep set of stairs where you can find your room....

Anyhow... once you actually reach the room, its well worth the climb.  I'm guessing this is why everyone rides a bike here - they've got strong legs!

Here's a couple of random pics of this beautiful city so far.....









Even found some of Mark's favorite cakes.  Had to buy a bunch for breakfast tomorrow.  You know, they even eat chocolate sprinkles on their toast here, so they have a pretty good idea of breakfast foods anyways.  

 (butter cakes)