GERMANY: BIER FEST

Some foods we came across in Germany. 

 
My daughter.  What the hell is she doing?
Swarms of nut stands, food stands, beer stands, etc..  but I have a touchy stomach (unlike my daughter apparently) and I really couldn't partake in the food.  It looked good though.



I presume that says "and more".  You know, I rarely ask what the "more" is.




Even the ship got into the act....

Menu
German Meat Loaf Sandwich with Sauteed Onions
 

Rolls, Pretzels, Kaiser rolls, Upside Down Rolls, Pretzel Buns, Pretzel Sticks, Wurtzel Bread, Curry Wurst
Potato Salad, Cabbage Salad, Cucumber Salad
 

Blood Sausage, Liver Sausage
Sliced German Cheese
Sliced Assorted Cured Meats

 

Suckling Pig with Apple Sauce
Spinach Cream Cheese Baked Potatoe
Sauerkraut, Braised Cabbage
 

Weisswurst, Thuringen Sausage, Roststocker Sausage Bratwurst Buckhurst, Roasted Pork Belly Sauerbraten




They even had a German band.  I went up to the Pizza place to watch and drink beer - not that I wouldn't have really really wanted to partake in the blood sausage and sauerbraten and all that.



and the suckling pig....   (no no - I just can't.  I like ham - but I just can't do it that way)


I have no idea what this is on the left.  Looks like herring to me - but out there - everything starts to look like herring after a while. 



Okay, amazingly enough I do know what these are.  And no - this is not my dinner plate.  I stuck with my pizza that night.  They are dorayaki pancakes and they are not German.  I think they are more Japanese (and likely they were at the Asian food booth.  I mean everyone's gotta celebrate right?) They are basically pancakes with a sweet red bean paste filling.  They are supposed to be good.  


Here's a page I did over on one of my art blogs - its about bakers and pretzels...