Yes - it's Wednesday

Another fabulous day.  Absolutely perfect weather!  
View from my window this morning....


Had an interesting breakfast....

You gotta love a place where they have olives first thing in the morning.  I can hardly wait for tomorrow morning.  

Then there were packages of other things.  They all seemed to be like cookies, so I'm happy. 



Okay, I didn't eat this, but I had to take it just for the photo...  I have no idea what it is, and I'm not eating it for breakfast.  There are a few other things that they had there too, so I might try them tomorrow.


And all those stairs I posted yesterday - there's even MORE stairs.  But that's where the food is, so a person has no choice I guess.  


Walked over to the Rijksmuseum this morning...





Something tells me we are getting close...

Rembrandt bus stop




Actually, the galleries on the way to the Rijks were interesting as well.


They didn't let me and Michael in to tour this one.  Guess I didn't look like I could afford a Lichtenstein and put it in my backpack.  

I'm beginning to like the Delft pottery and tiles. 
 


Finally!  We are here.


Trying to find the doorway to enter...


More stairs!!  Tons of stairs!!  Too many stairs!!  Hugh, Michael and Heather on the stairway.

High ceilings - now this is just ridiculously beautiful.   


A room full of Vermeers.  Unbelievable!


A very nice library.  There were even people studying in it.  


Anyhow, I couldn't possibly show photos of the paintings tonight.  Well - for one - I'm a terrible picture taker, and secondly, there would be hundreds.  We spent the entire day at the Rijks.  From first thing this morning until they kicked people out at closing time.  And Heather and I are sitting here tonight discussing the pictures we didn't get to see.  Drat.  

Oh, and a weird thing happened while we were there.  People were crowded around the window in the little nook where we were having lunch and  nobody knew what was happening. 

There were tons of diplomatic cars, police, people in suits with microphones in their ears scouting out the areas and talking to the air, etc.  I asked some staff and they just smiled and wouldn't say what all the fuss was about.  I told the one lady she could confide in me, because I'm from Canada and I know absolutely nothing about politics, and the only person I may recognize is Justin Trudeau (who wouldn't have had like about 50 body guards). 

So anyhow... then they started clearing the area and stairway, locking and unlocking doors, but they left us and about a half dozen people having our lunch.  Guess we looked harmless enough.
 

Anyhow... we found out that the German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier and the first lady Elke Büdenbender were there looking at the art (well, them and their rooms full of body guards).  I managed to snap a blurry photo as they were going by us on their way out.  Then of course Michael says he was looking at the art in the same rooms haha.  I mean - our family - talk about oblivious.  Michael and I did notice that just about every second person was a bodyguard, but we thought they were guarding the Night-watch haha.