CANALETTO - SPARTIRE STYLE

Spartire:  the Italian word for sharing.  The Canaletto serves your food choices on the table and everyone shares.  It's fun because you get to try all kinds of things.  There were six of us at dinner.  The bad part is that I always eat too much when I go to this restaurant on any of the ships.  

I don't remember exactly what we had this time (okay there was a bit of alcohol involved, but basically there was so much food I can't recall what was what).  

Safe to say that we started with the appetizers and salads.... 



I have no earthly idea what this is.  And I didn't take photos of everything.  I usually make sure the table orders the portobello mushrooms (you know - the ones that are about as big as your head), but I don't see them here....




Now this I recognize because it's my husband's favorite dish and I think it's also pretty high up on my son in law's as well.  Potato gnocchi:  braised beef short rib, mascarpone, butter-roasted carrots, celery.  As my son in law explained to me - the guys don't really care about the potatoes; they are just a vehicle to bring us the beef.  Okay.  Got it.  

This is the Branzino al ferri:  Grilled sea bass fillet, fingerling potatoes, garlic spinach, roasted pinenuts, extra virgin olive oil.  My son was kinda wanting this if I recall. 

This is what I was looking forward to.... the Swordfish puttanesca.  It tastes like a meat dish to me.  

And then for some reason we also had a huge pasta dish.  Sheesh.

We had a variety of desserts, and the guys had "Godfathers" (some kind of drinks).

Torta caprese al limone: almond lemon tart, limoncello, pistachio biscotti, mascarpone cream



Tiramisu: lady fingers, espresso, coffee liquor, rum cocoa powder (pretty sure that was mine)


une saignee d'Allemand: an old French slang term meaning
to loosen tight clothing after a large meal